Tuesday, July 6, 2010


Here is Jim Howard at his sales booth Friday evening. His booth was right across from mine. I fell in love with his "Elise" set, shown above. A former fashion illustrator, this was Jim's second convention. Considering the fact that Jim has only been selling his paper dolls for a couple of years he has some really creative ideas for packaging his paper doll sets. Elise came in a brown 7.5 by 7.5 envelope (above left) with a beautifully decorated cover and four gorgeous pages of clothes. Jim is also very knowledgeable about dolls, as he tried to explain to me who "Elise" was. Elise was a Madame Alexander doll, sort of a "cousin" to Cissy, who came onto the scene in the 50's. It was nice to learn more about Elise, but I fell in love with her at first sight before I knew who she was. And after I oohed and aahed over her several of my friends had to buy her, also. She was just irresistible. Thank you, Jim, for creating something which makes me so happy.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see him do a doll paper doll! I love his fashion illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year he did a paper doll of Raggedy Ann and Andy. Now tell me this.....does he look like the kind of guy who would do Raggedy Ann???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a paper doll collector and I also collect Madame Alexander dolls. I was not able to attend this years convention. I love the Elise paper dolls. I would love to buy a set, if possible. Could anyone let me know if that is possible. thank you,Joanne Humphrey email is mrsjhumphrey@aol.com

    ReplyDelete